Steve Carter, former owner of Williams & Hussey Machine and Tool Co. and past WCMA Technology Partner died on Wednesday, June 14, 2023. He was 75.
Taking the reins at Williams & Hussey in 1976, Steve spent the next four decades manufacturing his signature moulders and custom knives geared specifically to smaller shops.
Steve was well-known by many WCMA members. He is best remembered for his sense of humor and his dedication to the success of the North American wood industry. Williams & Hussey was sold in 2020 but Steve continued to attend wood industry events including the WCMA Plant Tours events. He also served as WMMA President and will be missed by many in the wood industry. Our condolences go out to the Carter family and Steve's many friends.
Read more about Steve Carter here.
When: Wednesday, May 10th @ 2PM ET
Woodworkers are invited to see how their businesses stack up compared to the industry as the results of the 2023 Woodworking Network Benchmark Survey are presented on May 10 at 2 p.m. Eastern. Will Sampson, Editorial Director of Woodworking Network / FDMC Magazine, will present the results in a 45-minute webinar that will explore key characteristics of woodworking manufacturers. The survey, conducted in January 2023, received feedback from more than 250 manufacturers of furniture, cabinets and other wood products.
Survey results include:
• Information about companies’ products, longevity, employee counts, and square footage
• Labor force changes, wages, training, outsourcing and lean manufacturing
• Sales, including current, comparison to previous year and expectations
• Causes of higher or lower sales
• Profit margins – past year and their role in estimates
• Bidding – engagement in competitive bidding and success rates
• Usage of software and automation tools, and equipment investment plans
Do you have something to share?
We welcome news story contributions from all WCMA Members & Tech Partners. Contact us to learn more.